Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I Pulled Off The Impossible

Recently, my wife and I celebrated our Anniversary. As with all guys, we have no idea what to buy our wives for this ever-so-meaningful and historic day in our lives. The Anniversary gift is critical. You mess up here and the ripple effect with last well over 3 months. I knew a guy who actually forgot this day….I KNEW a guy.

I am proudly here to tell you I pulled off perhaps the gutsiest Anniversary gift of all time…and hit a Grand Slam!!! Our Anniversary was days away and I had no clue what to get. Jewelry, flowers, chocolates, a night out…it’s all been done before. I wanted to get her something we both could enjoy, something that would last and would bring us closer together.

It’s days before THE DAY and we are walking around the mall. I want to check out Game Stop and she wants to look in a clothing store. So we split and each do our own thing for a few minutes. I’m browsing at Game Stop and before I knew what I was doing I’m buying a Nintendo Wii along with an extra controller and game…for our Anniversary. I even told the cashier, “I’m in big trouble here in a few minutes.” He laughs. As I meet back up with the wife and reveal to her “our gift” the confusion turns into sheer joy! I have pulled off the impossible! I bought a video game system for my wife!

It’s now been a few months, the dust has settled. I’m still a hero. Our Nintendo Wii has brought us closer together. We box, bowl and play tennis together all of the time. It’s provides us with some healthy competition, physical interaction and exactly what I wanted to do…bring us closer together. She loves the Nintendo Wii because it’s not really a video game, it is so interactive that women look at it as more of a workout.

Gentlemen, Christmas is coming. Do the right thing.

2 comments:

Phillip Santillan said...

hah...you are the man! Thanks for the great gift idea.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason:
SHe is a wise woman. What she didn't tell you is that she ordered a BMW for Christmas. God Bless guys.