Tuesday, October 30, 2007

World Series, Girardi and Fighting Over Pee

With the Red Sox winning the World Series with ease coinciding with a book I'm reading, it reminded me of some things we forget. Sports have history. I'm not talking about records but rather the way the leagues and the game was played and developed over time. I'm reading a book titled Crazy '08 which reveals some great baseball insights. During the early part of the 1900s, baseball was a young game. As I've come to find out back then the NL dominated. The AL wanted to join in with the NL, and did, but many players and coaches would rip the AL teams saying they were a cut below. After all, the NY Giants and Cubs dominated during that time and the AL were very weak.

Here we are 100 years later and the last 7 out of 10 champs have come from the AL. Also ironic, the NY Giants have since moved to San Francisco and their star player, Bonds, has injected himself to the point of becoming a giant (allegedly).

It's always fun to remember past World Series Champs.

Yanks Hire Girardi

What took you so long? After insulting Joe Torre with a pay cut, it should have been a breeze to hire Girardi. Joe Girardi won Manager of the Year in 2005 with the Florida Marlins, took 2006 off, waiting for this job. Who looks dumber than the Marlins now?

+ + +

Classic line today from my 4 year old. She and our 2 year old daughter were fighting over who gets to flush the toilet. Kailey replies with, "I get to flush it, it's my pee!"

1 comment:

Phillip Santillan said...

lol...I'm still trying to figure out the differences between the AL and th NL. By the way, we have a classic line around the house too. It goes, "If you did it, you MUST flush it!"