Sunday, March 2, 2008

7 Reasons Why Indy Car is Better Than Nascar

I've been to my fair share of auto races. I've seen both the Daytona 500 and Indy 500 live and was pumped about the recent news that the Champ Car World Series merged with the Indy Racing League. Yes, I watched the entire Daytona 500 in hi-def a few weeks ago and realized I wasted 3 hours as I could have just watched the last 10 laps and not missed a thing.

I've listed my 10 reasons why you should become an IRL fan and leave NASCAR back in the 70's where it belongs.

  1. Indy just sounds cooler than NASCAR (is that just "nice car" in red-neck?).

  2. The drivers are better looking. (Ok, well at least Danica is.)

  3. The cars are FASTER! Isn't that what racing is all about? Average speeds at Indy 500 are 230+ compared to just 170s for Brickyard 400(NASCAR). Come on! That's not even at the same level!

  4. Indy Cars are cooler looking. Put 100 bumper stickers on your car and it looks like a NASCAR.

  5. The races mean more! Like the NFL that plays 16 games so every game matters. The IRL has just 19 races compared to 35 in NASCAR.

  6. They actually race and the fastest car usually wins! What a concept. Ryan Newman won the Daytona 500 but he didn't even have the fastest car. He won because luck brought his teammate right behind him who pushed him to the front.

  7. Did I mention Indy Cars were faster by 50+ mph. They actually have to design them to stay ON the ground.

Just go to an Indy Race and realized what you've been missing. Don't let the networks tell you what is better. The Indy 500 is attended by 270,000 people compared to 200,000 for Daytona 500. Lastly, I personally prefer the whine of an Indy Car to the roar of a "nice car".



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you think about new Land Rover prototype Hibrid?

David McGrinn said...

Reasons 1-5 0f 125 reasons NASCAR is better than Indy.

1.Indy Car racers sip wine while watching indy

2.NASCAR in itself is a sport, Indy falls under,"racing" with motorcycles and horses

3.Stickers save on the cost of paint and is a great marketing tool

4.Earnhardt has his own calander day

5.There are actually bets placed on how long you can watch from the fence before you are told to get back to your seat.

I'm forwarding this blog to Larry the Cable Guy. Good Luck.

Jason Forthofer said...

I stand corrected.

Phillip Santillan said...

I wish I could jump, but I think that filipino in me still thinks NASCAR is a dish you eat with dog and Indy is the nickname of my aunt. I think my wife knows more about racing than I do!

David McGrinn said...

Filipino or Philipino?