Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Prince vs. Cecil

Remember Cecil Fielder? He was that huge Detroit Tiger that came back after playing in Japan and then dominated in the MLB for a few years. It wasn’t long before he completely fell off the radar. I was in Melbourne, FL a few weeks ago and my friend took me by his old house he bought while playing for the Tigers. He no longer lives there because he gambled all his money away.

Well, his son, Prince Fielder, of the Milwaukee Brewers hit his 50th HR yesterday to become the youngest player at age 23 to hit 50 HRs.

Prince said he wants to hit 52 homers in a season and win the MVP because his father never accomplished either. Doing that, Prince Fielder said, would "shut him up."

What was Cecil’s reply? "I just don't think my son knows how to let it go," Cecil Fielder said."I don't think he's grown up yet. Until he can move on and talk to me like he's my son, we don't need to talk."

And now back to Prince: "You've got to look at who's saying it," Fielder said. "Let's be honest, he's not really the brightest guy."

Why is it that the top Father-Son HR families can’t get along? (Griffey, Bonds)
Maybe these guys are so used to dropping bombs, they drop them on their kids too. Like father like son.

No comments: