Thursday, August 23, 2007

Best Boxscore Ever?

Last night the Texas Rangers were down 3-0 going into the 4th inning against the Baltimore Orioles. Final score, 30-3, Texas wins! Texas had 2 grand slams and 2 guys (Vazquez, Saltalamacchia) with 7 RBIs. The impressive thing was that Texas did it with 29 hits.

The Orioles went through just 4 pitchers, which isn't many considering they were getting totally embarrassed. I guess at some point you just give up and save your pitchers for your next game....which, by the way was right after this one! I thought Leo Mazzone left Atlanta to help the Baltimore pitching situation? A team has to really try to give up 30 runs. Even Little League games don't reach that stratosphere. Check out the full boxscore >>

+ + +

Sports Movie Review
Last week I watched what is supposed to be a sports movie classic, Le Mans, starring Steve McQueen. Boring! The first 30 minutes of the film had no talking and was just the slow process of getting the race started. It dragged on so long I felt like I was in the Le Mans....which maybe was the point and I totally missed it.

No comments: